[cairo] Libtool missing a flag

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Sun Apr 12 07:14:36 PDT 2009

> Ok, I compile pixman to only output a static lib since that's what I
> want: a cairo dll with pixman staticly linked as in no dependency on
> libpixman-1-0.dll. So how do I achieve that?

Through slight hacking;)

sed -e 's!file /!dont-want-to-use-file!' <configure >configure.temp &&
mv configure.temp configure

sometimes works. Or run configure with the command-line option
lt_cv_deplibs_check_method=pass_all  ... Then libtool won't do all the
crack it does to find out whether what you are doing might work or
not, and just try, and let the linker do what it is degined to do.
Which is good.

--tml