[cairo] [cairo-announce] [ANNOUNCE] pixman release 0.15.20 (Release Candidate) now available

Soeren Sandmann sandmann at daimi.au.dk
Wed Aug 12 09:21:19 PDT 2009

Siarhei Siamashka <siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com> writes:

> > Btw., I would appreciate if you could try blitter-test and see if it
> > passes on ARM.
>
> It does not. Function 'neon_composite_over_n_8_0565' is not completely
> identical to C path, we discussed it on irc.

Is this with the blitters-test in the 0.15.20 release? There are a
bunch of fixes to the C path in 0.15.20, and it's entirely possible
that the NEON version was right and the C path wrong. That was the
case for the SSE2 and MMX versions of that function.

> But just disabling this function results in quite a measurable performance
> regression on text operations.

How much of a difference is it? Just one-bit differences or more than
that?

Soren