[cairo] Memory (?) problems with master

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sun Aug 16 13:19:02 PDT 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-16 at 10:32 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
> The
> technique that I use is to use a meta-surface duplicate of the active
> surface and then replay that to a script-surface in order to generate a
> failing trace. Running in 'flight-recorder mode', whereby we keep a
> ring-buffer of the last n contexts and dump those on error.

I've put a demonstration of a 'flight data recorder' in
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~ickle/cairo/tree/util/cairo-fdr/fdr.c?h=wip/stroke-to-path

It's still a preloaded library, so it's not directly usable on win32,
but I think very easy to convert into a wrapper for you to use inside
your own application. However, it does depend upon a new 'tee-surface'
that I just added to wip/stroke-to-path...
-ickle