[cairo] Pixel consistency? (testing)

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Mon Aug 17 05:11:50 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-08-17 at 08:48 -0300, Ian Britten wrote:
> For my testing, I'm mostly concerned that
> various attributes/settings were propagated+used correctly.  Whether
> the output is 'pretty' would seem to be almost secondary to ensuring
> the rendering was done correctly.

I still think you're checking the wrong thing by looking at the rendered
output for 'various attributes/settings were propagated+used'. That
strongly suggests to me that you just want to inspect a trace/log just
to check the appropriate functions were called. As an addendum to that
you have a set of higher level integration tests that ensure that the
output is consistent with your expectations. You should not have to
duplicate Cairo's own testing, and it should be sufficient to include in
your testing.
-ickle