[cairo] [xlib] Use server-side gradients.

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 15:00:10 PDT 2009

I know this is a bit off-topic, but it came recently to my mind:

Wouldn't it be possible to provide half-accelerated linear gradients
by simply rendering the gradient into a temporary 1x? surface, and
using the various repeat modes + the gradient transformation on that
surface?
This way destination surfaces could stay untouched by the CPU, and
there would be no need to change drivers in any way?

- Clemens