[cairo] Cairo and Panda3d

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 22:18:38 PST 2009

Hi all,
I am evaluating Panda3D with the general aim of doing animation.
Does anyone here know (with some Python code) how/if I can
produce textures by way of pyCairo -- so that I can produce textures
in memory and not have to load from files?

My general plan is to produce a "frame" of drawing in a cairo context
and then slurp that across (as quickly as I can) into a texture on a
plane. A bit like playing a video, except that each frame is rendered
before being drawn.

I am scouring the web at the moment and am in that fragile 'choose
your toolkit poison' position where I could jump to Clutter/Pigment or
Panda given the basic needs I have.

Hope that made sense!

\d
\/\/ave: donn.ingle at googlewave.com