[cairo] Cairo with OpenGL

Maximilian Ernestus erniejunior at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 30 11:19:55 PST 2009

Hello,

i am new to C++ and i would like to use Cairo for graphics. As a
backend i would like to use OpenGL because that is the most simplest
solution for me. The OpenGL tutorial on http://www.cairographics.org/OpenGL/
  sounds good but the links to the example programs are dead. The
screencast of the "Hello, world!" example didn't show enough of the
code.
I tried to follow the steps listed under "General approach". But i
don't know which kind of cairo-surace to crate (maybe an image
surface?). In addition i  don't know how to copy the cairo-surface
into an OpenGL-texture.
I would be very glad if someone could help me with those two steps or
if someone could tell me a link to the examples that works.

Greetings,

Maximilian