[cairo] Cairo with OpenGL

Maximilian Ernestus erniejunior at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 31 08:24:53 PST 2009

> For MacPorts I'd suggest +universal and maybe no_x11, Quartz is also
> of little
> use w/OpenGL. I have built and used Cairo like this on 10.5 with no
> problems.
I tried to install cairo with +universal and +no_x11. But i could only
add +no_x11 because i got the following error with +universal:

checking whether cairo's PostScript surface backend feature could be
enabled... no (requires zlib http://www.gzip.org/zlib/)
configure: error: recommended PostScript surface backend feature could
not be enabled

Although zlib is installed (i tried to do it manualy). Now i still
don't have "cairo-surface.c" file in my Cairo.framework. Therefore it
don't runs.
Btw. +quartz was added by default on os x.
I think the only thing to do is to make MacPorts building the cairo-
surface.c file. But i don't know how. Using "locate cairo-surface.c"
brings no results.

Greetings,

Maximilian