[cairo] how to import .BMP without other libs(GTK+ etc)?

Thomas Stover thomas at wsinnovations.com
Wed Feb 4 11:53:03 PST 2009

A similar question came up on the gtk list the other day. Since you are
looking for a way to do it without using an additional library, this is
not your answer. However, I have been recommending people try
ImageMagick http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php for "non png"
file formats and misc raster operations such as resize as a supplement
to cairo. If you want my demo I can post it here.

Out of curiosity, what are your reasons for not wanting another library?
I have seen allot of aversion to mixing libraries lately. As long as
licenses and technical details work out, to me that's how you bring some
real alchemy to the table.