[cairo] trim margins off image

Pablo Romero romero619 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 8 17:30:52 PST 2009

I need to trim margins off an image surface & resize the entire image, similar to imageMagick's trim & resize functions.
I need to know if this is at all possible using cairo.
if not, I also would like to know if it would somehow be possible to use imagemagick/magickwand to manipulate/modify a cairo surface IN MEMORY, without having to write the surface to a temporary (png) file, edit it with magickwand, and then re-read it into cairo...

Has anyone ever had any success integrating code from both cairo and imagemagick???

Please help.

Thanks,
P.Romero