[cairo] polygon fill with patterns

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 25 06:38:31 PST 2009

I'll second this question. I am sure I must have missed something, but
the only way I found to fill polygons with image so far was to create a
single image large enough to cover the envelope of polygon entirely, and
then draw with it.

Is there a way to draw with a smaller image that will be used as a fill
repeatedly, as a pattern?
--M