[cairo] glyph extents

Jonathan Kew jonathan at jfkew.plus.com
Wed Feb 25 11:02:16 PST 2009

On 25 Feb 2009, at 18:14, Jeff Muizelaar wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:56:00AM +0000, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>> On 18 Feb 2009, at 23:16, Jeff Muizelaar wrote:
>>
>>> Does GetGlyphOutlineW return the proper extents if you change from
>>> GGO_METRICS to GGO_GRAY8_BITMAP?
>>
>> No, that doesn't help. I still see the same clipped glyphs in my
>> little Cairo test program, when cairo-surface-fallback.c uses these
>> extents to clip its painting operation.
>
> Does the problem only show up on windows older than Vista?
> I'm unable to reproduce the problem on Vista:
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~jrmuizel/cleartype.png

I only see 4 lines of test glyphs in that image, and all those are
expected to look OK. What happened to the 5th and 6th lines, which are
supposed to be drawn with 50% alpha? It's the 6th line that shows the
problem; compare the screenshot at

    https://bug445087.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=359258

JK