[cairo] Using patterns from Illustrator EPS library files

Alex Tudor alex.tudor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 03:43:15 PST 2009

Hi,

I'm writing a program to generate geologic diagrams using cairo. For
drawing the diagrams I need to fill some areas with patterns that are
available as a digital standard (http://pubs.usgs.gov/tm/2006/11A02/)
with a postscript implementation, actually the patterns are available
as Illustrator EPS files (AI8 and CS2) each file containing a
collection of patterns. I've searched everywhere but I don't seem to
find any free tool to extract these patterns into separate files (as
pdf, ps) and then use them (preferably in vectorial form) in cairo.
For importing eps files or pdf files in cairo I reckon the only
solution for now is
http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-May/014135.html.
Can you please give me some advice as to how could I do this ?

Alex Tudor