[cairo] ARM9, standalone GUI, CAIRO

Jean-Claude REPETTO jcrml at mxm.eu
Wed Jan 28 00:58:38 PST 2009

michael_rodrigues at indiatimes.com a écrit :
> I am using an ARM9(AT91SAM9RL64) core and intend to design a GUI for
> the Project.
>
> I am using Eclipse (along with the yagarto toolchain) for coding. The X libraries(normally associated with Linux) are a part of this toolchain and provides various funtions to create objects, etc. I don't intend to use the Linux kernel in the ARM, i am creating a Standalone GUI.
>
> I will be using SDRAM (around 8MB) in my application for buffering
> the LCD. Oh, btw, i'm using a 240 (RGB) x 320 resoultion LCD in 16
> bit mode.
>
> Someone refered me to cairo graphics. However, i wanted some confirmation if this was possible. If possible then where would get the libraries (for windows). The usage of the libraries are very well documented on the site, i was only confused as to how would i integrate it with the eclipse environment.
>
> Thanks

Hello,

I am using cairo for an application <http://jrepetto.free.fr/ttmaps>
running on TomTom devices (ARM processor, LCD framebuffer in RGB16_565
mode). Unfortunately, the RGB16_565 mode support has been withdrawn from
recent versions of cairo, and I have to use an old version. So, I am
using cairo-1.4.6
<http://cairographics.org/releases/cairo-1.4.6.tar.gz>, with this patch :
<http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/attachments/20070518/10ec5796/attachment-0001.txt>
described in this message :
<http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2007-May/010670.html>

I am not the only one interested by the support of 16 bits RGB mode,
look at this recent message :
<http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/2009-January/016388.html>

Jean-Claude