[cairo] [cairo-announce] [ANNOUNCE] pixman release 0.15.10 now available

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 02:09:57 PDT 2009

On Wednesday 10 June 2009, Koen Kooi wrote:
> On 09-06-09 18:29, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
> > A new pixman release 0.15.10 is now available. This is a development
> > release leading up to a stable 0.16.0 release.
>
> I'm seeing corruption all over the place when I'm using X in 16 bit
> (rgb565), when scrolling in firefox or epiphany some regions are filled
> with junk. I suspect the NEON fastpaths are either not memsetting the
> buffers or are inserting bogus data. I can make a screenshot if people
> would find that helpfull.

If these corruptions look like some short thin horizontal stripes all over the
picture, make sure that you have these patches from Imre Deak in your kernel
(and also the other VFP state corruption related fixes):

http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/lurker/message/20090519.144450.5dc48fc3.en.html
http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/lurker/message/20090519.144451.8d9934f1.en.html
http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/lurker/message/20090519.144452.a5c20125.en.html

I also observed similar image corruption problem on my beagleboard at home
before applying these patches. Problematic conditions which lead to VFP/NEON
registers corruption typically arise in X server when handling input
(touchscreen or mouse is actively used), that's why it shows up on scrolling
in the browser.

The kernel patch alone of course will not prevent the remaining ARM related
bugs in pixman master from spoiling all the fun :) I'm going to do my best in
helping to solve all of these, so that pixman can get in a usable shape on ARM
before next Monday.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka