[cairo] Loading png from a resource

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Wed Jul 22 11:51:44 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-16 at 00:45 +0200, gurnett at telia.com wrote:
> Hello
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to load an image (in my case a png) from a
> resource file instead of using
>
> image = cairo_image_surface_create_from_png ("image.png");

I don't know exactly what a resource file is, nor how it works, but
cairo does provide a function:

cairo_surface_t *
cairo_image_surface_create_from_png_stream (cairo_read_func_t   read_func,
                                            void                *closure)

to which you can provide a custom callback function to do whatever
reading you might need to do, (to then supply the png data to cairo).

I hope that helps, and that you have fun with cairo.