[cairo] New OpenGL backend merged

Donn donn.ingle at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 02:01:31 PDT 2009

On Thursday, 23 July 2009 10:48:48 Jonathan Morton wrote:
> If the GL is fast (as it usually is on recent
> hardware), Cairo should be sped up by this.
What happens if the GL is slow? Is there some automatic fall-back to what is
quickest, or would we have to detect this and switch the GL off?

> So 2D drawing is sent to Cairo, which uses OpenGL to help out.
At the risk of being overwhelmed (and it doesn't take much :) ) - what kinds
of things are being done by GL? I recently saw some demos by McSlow (Mirco
Muller ) which do vectors in GL - I got the idea that these are drawn by
actual 3D meshes (or paths) seen from above, is this the kind of thing?
http://macslow.net/?p=267

\d
--
home: http://otherwise.relics.co.za/