[cairo] New OpenGL backend merged

flying.toaster flying.toaster at voila.fr
Thu Jul 23 22:19:35 PDT 2009

Maybe I am missing a point (since I have been  off for quite a while) but at application level, you can force full screen anti-aliasing, rather than primitive drawing anti-
aliasing, using the accumulation buffer and sub-pixel jitter (changing the viewport) in OpenGL to an arbitrary accuracy. Sure it is a GPU hog, but then again, I bet a very
complex SVG drawing is not that complex to draw compared to any common 3D scene found in a recent video game, where FSAA is often used with good frame rates.
Text rendering may be another story though...

Just my two cents

Enrique