[cairo] potential bug in cairo relative to intel drivers

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 10:54:05 PDT 2009

Carl Worth wrote:

> I understand that the blending on the edges you are getting is
> undesired, but it sounds to me that you are getting the correct
> behavior.

Hate to be a pain about this, but I want to point out that this is yet
ANOTHER example that this is in fact NOT what any user expects or wants.
They think the driver is broken, in no way do they think it is doing the
correct thing!

I still think Cairo could be changed to do EXTEND_REPEAT and clip with
an antialiased polygon and everybody would be happier.

In any case the solution with current Cairo is to turn on EXTEND_REPEAT,
  push the clip, clip with a rectangle the size of the image, draw the
image, and pop the clip.