[cairo] [cairo-announce] [ANNOUNCE] pixman release 0.15.10 now available

Jonathan Morton jonathan.morton at movial.com
Wed Jun 10 05:40:56 PDT 2009

> Attached are 2 screenshots showing the effects. If you look carefully
> you'll see a *tiny* bit of corruption slightly left of the middle,
> above the shelf. I'ts a tiny black speck.

Okay, that does look rather serious - or rather, the enormous area of
black stripes in the window does.  The smaller corrupt fragments may be
a limited symptom of the bigger problem.

Could you try to narrow down where the problem lies?  You can do this by
editing pixman/pixman-arm-neon.c, near the bottom, and commenting out
any combination of the following lines:

        imp->composite = arm_neon_composite;
        imp->blt = arm_neon_blt;
        imp->fill = arm_neon_fill;

Ideally the problems will show up when only one is uncommented, and go
away when only that one is commented.  Commenting these lines causes
Pixman to fall back to the next available implementation, which will be
the generic one for the things I've changed.

If it turns out to be the 'composite' line, it would also be very
helpful if you could go through the fastpath table, a little further up
the file, in the same way.

--
------
From: Jonathan Morton