[cairo] Using the span renderer to push spans to an FPGA?

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 14:04:50 PDT 2009

Hello Jeff,

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Jeff Muizelaar<jeff at infidigm.net> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 11:58:01PM +0200, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
>> my current cairo backend is the image backend, which copies images
>> line-by-line to an FPGA for display.
>>
>> As we have control over the FPGA, I wondered if the span renderer be
>> exploited to send spans to the FPGA, instead of the raw image data?
>
> This would certainly be possible. The following tree draws spans directly using gl.
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/~anholt/cairo/log/?h=gl-span-renderer

Thanks for the pointer.

I had already been looking at this tree, but I could not find at what
point in the code the spans can be handed off to a device for
rendering.

Could you give me an additional, more fine grained, pointer?

How did this tree branch off? You started with the image back-end and
then adapted it?

Regards,
Regards,
--