[cairo] The past, present and future of RGB16_565

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Jun 16 02:45:18 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 02:18 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-06-16 at 10:03 +0100, Chris Wilson wrote:
>
> > So... Is this scheme too ugly for words?
>
> I'd say you're almost there -- just create a function that takes your
> opaque type instead of attempting to coerce it to the existing type
>
> cairo_image_surface_create_for_wacky_format (wacky_format, width,
> height)
>
> or am I just missing something?

No, I guess I was just getting carried away with the prospect of not
having to write new constructors (and even allowing any public use of
cairo_format_t to be overridden). However, keeping them separate does
remove any potential confusion, and I realise that my suggestion would
only score a 5 on
http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/index.cgi/tech/2008-03-30.html

-ickle