[cairo] Cairo 1.9.2 performance

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 17 18:27:30 PDT 2009

This is what I am doing now. However, I think that a library that is
expected to be relatively high-performance should have at least basic
compiler optimization options set by default. This is particularly true
for gcc which is not known to produce blazingly fast code anyway, much
less so at O0.

What makes this more difficult is that while build for 1.8.6 shows
compiler options, 1.9.2 hides them behind generic output ("compiling
blah.c"), leaving user essentially in the dark about any optimization
that may be done.