[cairo] Cairo 1.9.2 performance

Vladimir Vukicevic vladimir at pobox.com
Thu Jun 18 08:55:22 PDT 2009

On 6/18/09 2:27 AM, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
>> This is particularly true
>> for gcc which is not known to produce blazingly fast code anyway
 >
> Any results to back that claim, otherwise please don't spread fud.

Sure thing; last time I looked, I saw a 10% or so speedup when compiling
pixman with MSVC instead of gcc; compiling it with icc yielded a speedup
of up to 30% in some cases.  This was about a year ago, on x86.  This
isn't pixman specific, we see similar results for various parts of
mozilla as well, most notably the JS interpreter.

     - Vlad