[cairo] font face in cairo-wrapper for php

Behdad Esfahbod behdad at behdad.org
Wed Mar 18 18:43:28 PDT 2009

On 03/18/2009 09:39 PM, Fan Zhang wrote:
> okay, I used 'Arial'&  'Times New Roman' works, and i want to use a
> specific font, so i was thinking maybe i can install freetype font in
> linux, then somehow (i don't know how) get the font name for using in
> cairo.

The easiest to know is to save the output of fc-list, then install the font
and get the output of fc-list again, and compare the two.  To install the
font, just drop it into ~/.fonts/

> http://cairographics.org/freetypepython/ has the module for loading ttf

Ok, that's not the cairo Python bindings.  That's a piece of code we came up
with to load a font file.

Cheers,
behdad