[cairo] PyCairo - Crash on Windows build, in either zlib or PyCairo

CJ Kucera pez at apocalyptech.com
Sat Mar 21 20:57:52 PDT 2009

Steve wrote:
> The PyGTK, PyGObject and GTK versions are not relevant since they are
> not used in the test case.

Hello - thanks for the reply.   And yeah, I figured those weren't
relevant, but I had noted them down before I knew where exactly this
issue was, and they were just carried over with a cut-and-paste.

> 1. Retesting with Python 2.6, PyCairo 1.8.4 and cairo 1.8.4 to confirm
> the problem still exists.
> 2. Retest with PyCairo from CVS to see if the changes I made fix the
> problem.

I don't suppose you've got any tips as to how I'd build up a new PyCairo
version on my Windows VM?  I'm definitely a Linux guy, and doing this
recent testing is more time than I've spent in Windows in *years* - I'm
not at all familiar with the toolchains necessary to build this up on
a Windows platform.  The most recent version of PyCairo which seems to
be available in binary format is the build at pygtk.org, [1] which is
just the 1.4 version.  I'd like to try out other versions (including
your recent fixes in CVS) but knowing how to build it on Windows would
certainly help.  :)

For Cairo itself, I did actually reproduce this issue using Cairo 1.8.6
(1.8.4 doesn't seem to be avialable from the gtk+ Windows download
page anymore [2] [3]) and PyCairo 1.4.12.

So yeah, if you've got any pointers for me, that'd be great.

Thanks again,
CJ

[1] http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/binaries/win32/pycairo/1.4/

[2] http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html

[3] http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/
    The Cairo versions jump from 1.8.0 to 1.8.6 there...

--
WOW: Flemmy            |   "Happiness isn't good enough for me!  I
pez at apocalyptech.com   |              demand euphoria!"