[cairo] Status of glitz backend

flying.toaster flying.toaster at voila.fr
Sat Mar 28 09:27:12 PDT 2009

Sorry if I sounded a little too critical.

Regarding glitz, I am still a little puzzled, yet my main concern was more whether glitz was maintained as a backend to cairo or not (I sort of gave up on finding a documentation). If anything I am more than willing to write a bridge between glitz and SDL and contribute it.

 SDL helps solve the issue a lot of GL developpers are frustrated with (i.e. having to write OS dependent code to setup the rendering context). For toolkit and OS independent developments in cairo, using SDL to setup the glitz backend of cairo would be an asset. But then again if usage of glitz is deprecated in cairo, there is little point in working on that.

I fully understand that librsvg is a part of Gnome, but, in a similar manner as the original libsvg, it *could* have been built free of dependencies to glib or gdk... Now I completely agree that its developpers had a focus on glib/gdk/gtk/gnome and that they didn't want to go great lengths making it more API neutral ... My question was whether there were plans to reverse those choices