[cairo] Problem Compiling 1.8.6 on Solaris 10 (Sparc)

macgyver macgyver at calibre-solutions.co.uk
Tue Mar 31 15:47:13 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I seem to have some issues compiling cairo 1.8.6 on Solaris 10 for SPARC.

Ghostscript compiled and installed, but having problems with Xrender.

Configure output here - (cleanly)
http://pastebin.com/m4363df8f

Make output here (the end where it breaks with Xrender errors)
http://pastebin.com/m7a7d4f76

As far as I can tell, Solaris 10 has Xrender libraries installed..

ls -al /usr/openwin/share/include/X11/extensions/Xrender.h
-r--r--r--   1 root     bin        11138 Dec 16  2004
/usr/openwin/share/include/X11/extensions/Xrender.h

I just so know I am doing something silly here (or not doing something) -
can anyone prod my in the right direction please ?

I'm not using packages off www.sunfreeware.com, as most of them are just
simply too old..

Details of build host....
Installed with SUNCall

macgyver at yavin6:/data/builds/cairo-1.8.6> uname -X
System = SunOS
Node = yavin6
Release = 5.10
KernelID = Generic_138888-03