[cairo] Cairo with OpenGLES backend

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Wed May 6 21:14:48 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-29 at 15:27 +0530, Yogesh Gole wrote:

> 1. Is there any activity going on with cairo-opengles backend ?

There's a cairo-opengles backend?

> 2. How is cairo-gl different from cairo-glitz ?

One is cairo on top of GL, the other is cairo on top of a rendering
abstraction based on the Render extension that's implemented using GL.
I think that's a better way to go about it, as it means we can use
whatever features the OpenGL driver provides for what we need in cairo
without having to first abstract it by extending a limited API.

--
Eric Anholt
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com