[cairo] Quartz fixes

Andrea Canciani ranma42 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 9 16:49:26 PST 2009

Here is one more patch and a lot more comments.
Hopefully all the interesting information about each patch is now in
the commit message.
The main interactions are:
 - 0004 does nothing at all unless 0002 is applied (it changes the
colour of pure-alpha masks, but A8 images are greyscale images before
0002)
 -  0002 and 0007 together make A8 compositing work (neither would do
alone, as without 0002 they would be composited as opaque greyscale
images and without 0007 the backend would use the wrong operators)
 - 0005 have an almost hidden (I wrote about it in the commit message)
side-effect: I changed the stroke fix to setup the source when the CTM
hasn't been changed, so 0005 fixes the fallback (as it guarantees
_cairo_quartz_setup_fallback_source is always called with the base
CTM)
0008 and 0003 are just code cleanup, they should make no difference
regarding the correctness of the backend, just improve code (and maybe
performance, but I didn't test it at all)
Credit for 0001 and 0008 goes to Robert O'Callahan.
Please review and comment
Andrea Canciani