[cairo] searching cairo archives

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Nov 24 16:07:26 PST 2009

On Fri, 16 Oct 2009 11:40:09 +0200, Theo Veenker <T.J.G.Veenker at uu.nl> wrote:
> Would it be possible to make the search button on http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/
> search lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/ instead of lists.freedesktop.org/archives/cairo/.
> Carl switched it to lists.cairographics.org once before, shorly after that it got reverted back
> to lists.freedesktop.org. Don't know why.

Hi Theo,

Thanks for pointing out the bug.

I would have thought that using either hostname would be equivalent, but
a quick test shows about 10x the number of hits for a search for "mutex"
with site:lists.cairographics.org instead of site:lists.freedesktop.org.

So I'd be glad to change this---only I can't find the file that holds
the change. I found a generic archidxhead.html file, but it's not the
one that has our customization here.

So if anyone can guess where the file to change is, I'll be happy to fix
this.

-Carl

PS. In the (hopefully not distant) future, I'd like to be running our
own indexing for a searchable web archive for our mailing list, using
notmuch (http://notmuchmail.org). That's a much better plan than just
hoping that a global search engine will index our content.