[cairo] Problem with compiling cairo on mac SL

el lauwer el.lauwer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 14:44:52 PST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to compile cairo on Mac OSX Snow Leopard,
but I get the folowing error:

$ gcc main.c -o creepy_eyes `pkg-config --libs --cflags cairo`
ld: warning: in /sw/lib/libcairo.dylib, file is not of required architecture
Undefined symbols:
  "_cairo_destroy", referenced from:
      _main in ccdNPp5T.o
  "_cairo_move_to", referenced from:
      _main in ccdNPp5T.o
  "_cairo_create", referenced from:
      _main in ccdNPp5T.o
  "_cairo_set_font_size", referenced from:
      _main in ccdNPp5T.o
  "_cairo_select_font_face", referenced from:
      _main in ccdNPp5T.o
  "_cairo_show_text", referenced from:
      _main in ccdNPp5T.o
  "_cairo_set_source_rgb", referenced from:
      _main in ccdNPp5T.o
  "_cairo_surface_destroy", referenced from:
      _main in ccdNPp5T.o
  "_cairo_image_surface_create", referenced from:
      _main in ccdNPp5T.o
  "_cairo_surface_write_to_png", referenced from:
      _main in ccdNPp5T.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I don't think it is a problem specific to cairo.
It has probebly something to do with having the wrong architecture specified
for gcc. But I am in the dark on how to solve it.

Any ideas on how I can solve this problem...

Greats