[cairo] Underlining text, etc?

Ian Britten britten at caris.com
Thu Oct 1 09:32:32 PDT 2009

Hi all,
Can someone confirm that Cairo has no support for extra font
markups (Such as underline, strike-through, etc), that there is
no plan to add support, and thus it's stuff I'll have to handle
in my rendering code?

Assuming I have to do it myself, does anyone have any experience,
suggestions, or pitfalls?  I can imagine numerous upcoming
questions about this, regarding path/stroke handling, alphas,
vector output considerations (PDF, SVG, etc), and figured I
might as well try to save myself from some problems, if there's
a preferred technique to doing this.

Although I can probably kludge some drawing instructions
together, I'd like to do things 'right' (If there is such a thing)

Many thanks for any info!
Ian