[cairo] Librsvg + cairo animation flicker

flying.toaster flying.toaster at voila.fr
Thu Oct 1 09:24:59 PDT 2009

Hi all

 I am trying to put up an application animating SVG objects (as sprites) with Librsvg and cairo on top of SDL on a Win32 rig (yeah, that IS weird).
I am using a SDL timer to update periodically the image.
I have tried all sorts of backbuffering (cairo surfaces, SDL surfaces) but I still get a terrible flicker on the parts that are drawn through a call to rsvg_handle_render_cairo. Parts drawn through direct calls to cairo do not exhibit this flicker.
Wondering if this function is thread unsafe or something... Has anybody a clue on this kind of issue ?

Thanks in advance

Enrique