[cairo] Cairo & Pango

Dominic Lachowicz domlachowicz at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 13:22:08 PDT 2009

Have you looked at
http://library.gnome.org/devel/pango/stable/pango-Cairo-Rendering.html?
It has decent documentat ion and a C example. You don't need to know
too much about font data structures. Mostly, you just have to use the
pango_cairo font map, use Pango as you otherwise would, and then use
pango_cairo_show_layout() when you want to draw.

Best,
Dom

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 3:58 PM, Andrew Main <andrew4main at googlemail.com> wrote:
> The documentation on Cairo & Pango that I have found is ultra-brief and
> seems to assume that I know lots about font data structures.  I need to
> break in to it, to go beyond the "toy text".  Is there a comprehensive
> document to use?
> Andrew

"I like to pay taxes. With them, I buy civilization." --  Oliver Wendell Holmes