[cairo] cl-cairo with X11 examples with mouse events handling

Taoufik Dachraoui taoufik.dachraoui at wanadoo.fr
Mon Oct 12 11:11:51 PDT 2009

I managed to write the following (this is not complete but I know how
to handle xevents)

load the file and do >(cl-cairo2:runit)
then press mouse button on windows

(in-package :cl-cairo2)

(defun my-create-window (display parent x y width height visual
background-pixel
		      event-mask &optional (backing-store t))
   "Create an x11 window with the given attributes."
   ;; call xcreatewindow with attributes
   (with-foreign-object (attributes 'xsetwindowattributes)
     (setf (foreign-slot-value attributes 'xsetwindowattributes 'event-
mask)
	  event-mask
	  (foreign-slot-value attributes 'xsetwindowattributes 'background-
pixel)
	  background-pixel
	  (foreign-slot-value attributes 'xsetwindowattributes 'backing-store)
	  (if backing-store 1 0))
     (xcreatewindow display parent x y width height
		   0 			; zero border width
		   0 			; depth - copy from parent
		   1 ;inputoutput ; class
		   visual
		   (logior cwbackpixel cwbackingstore cweventmask)
		   attributes)))

(defclass my-xlib-context (context)
   ((display :initarg :display)
    (window :initarg :window)
    (xlib-context :initarg :xlib-context :accessor xlib-context)
    (wm-delete-window :initarg :wm-delete-window :accessor wm-delete-
window)
    (width :initarg :width)
    (height :initarg :height)))

;create cairo context; link X Window to cairo surface
(defun my-create-context (display visual window width height)
   ;(xsynchronize display 1)
   (let* ((xlib-surface (cairo_xlib_surface_create display window visual
                                                  width height))
         (xlib-context (cairo_create xlib-surface)))
     (cairo_surface_destroy xlib-surface)
     (let*  ((surface (cairo_image_surface_create :CAIRO_FORMAT_RGB24
                                                  width height))
             (*context* (make-instance 'my-xlib-context :width
width :height height :pixel-based-p t
                          :display display :window window :xlib-
context xlib-context
                          :wm-delete-window (xinternatom display
"WM_DELETE_WINDOW" 1)
                          :pointer (cairo_create surface))))
       (with-foreign-object (prot 'xatom)
         (setf (mem-aref prot 'xatom) (wm-delete-window *context*))
         (xsetwmprotocols display window prot 1))
       (cairo_set_source_surface xlib-context surface 0 0) ; link
window to surface
       (cairo_surface_destroy surface)
       ;(xsynchronize display 0)
       *context*)))