[cairo] Overflow bug painting from PixBuf?

Arjen Nienhuis a.g.nienhuis at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 16:24:14 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using cairo 1.8.8 and python to create some png files.

I load jpeg files with a gtk.gdk.PixbufLoader and use

ctx.translate(dst_x, dst_y)
ctx.scale(scale, scale)
gdk_ctx = gtk.gdk.CairoContext(ctx)
gdk_ctx.set_source_pixbuf(src_pixbuf, 0, 0)
ctx.paint()

This works fine until dst_x / scale > 32000. Then garbage is copied to
ctx. This also occurs with the PDF backend.

This means I cannot put a small thumbnail on the right side of an
image. (see attachment, the last photo is missing)

Is this a known bug? Is there anything I can do? Pre-scaling the
pixbuf might work.

Groeten, Arjen