[cairo] cairo_xcb_surface_create_with_xrender_format

Matthew Allen fret at memecode.com
Thu Oct 15 22:40:50 PDT 2009

Hi, I'm trying to use cairo_xcb_surface_create_with_xrender_format to put bitmaps quickly onto the screen while honouring their alpha channel. I hope I'm on the right track. Anyway the format parameter is giving me some trouble, I don't know what to supply for the format. I googled that function and the various apps that use it often get their format from libraries I don't seem to be using or preface their code with "this is a horrible hack....".

So.... whats the "official" way of doing it?

The drawable is a window in my case.
--
Matthew Allen