[cairo] some old problems still in latest snapshot

Theo Veenker T.J.G.Veenker at uu.nl
Mon Oct 19 02:11:50 PDT 2009

Hi,

I just tried cairo 1.9.4 + pixman 0.16.2 to see whether some of the problems
I ran into before had been solved.

Referring to this message:
http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-August/014922.html

- The svg backend still does CAIRO_EXTEND_REPEAT when CAIRO_EXTEND_NONE or
   CAIRO_EXTEND_PAD selected.

- The problem with xlib backend described in the above message (filling a
   rotated rectangle with an image pattern) is also still present. See
   attached results for different angles.

I used the test programs attached in that message.

Also calculating stroke extents doesn't yet work for rotated paths. The
following gives wrong stroke extents for non-zero angles.

cairo_translate()
cairo_scale()
cairo_rotate()

cairo_move_to()
cairo_line_to()

cairo_set_source()
cairo_set_line_width()

cairo_stroke_extents()

cairo_stroke()

Behdad said in http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-May/014208.html
different implementation to calculate stroke/path extents. Is this still the plan?
I do hope so. I couldn't find this on the buglist.

My workaround is to calculate the extents like below, but this only works
if path scaling is 1. If scaling is != 1 then the extents don't quite match
the ink.

cairo_save()

   cairo_translate()
   cairo_scale()