[cairo] Another set of OSX Build Instructions

Ben Anderman ben at happyspork.com
Wed Oct 21 10:46:44 PDT 2009

I think the style is good; it's great to keep things self-contained. I
just to finish though, and got errors on the first file in the make
step of Cairo. Here's the output:
make  all-recursive
Making all in src
make  all-am
../doltcompile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I..  -I. -I/Users/ben/
Documents/programming_stuff/BuildCairo/include/pixman-1      -I/Users/
ben/Documents/programming_stuff/BuildCairo/include/libpng12       -
Wall -Wextra -Wsign-compare -Werror-implicit-function-declaration -
Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-
prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wnested-externs -Wpacked -Wswitch-
enum -Wmissing-format-attribute -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -Winit-self -
Wunsafe-loop-optimizations -Wdeclaration-after-statement -Wold-style-
definition -Wno-missing-field-initializers -Wno-unused-parameter -Wno-
attributes -Wno-long-long -Winline -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -
Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2          -I/sw/include  -Os -arch ppc -arch
i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -c -o cairo-analysis-
surface.lo cairo-analysis-surface.c
In file included from cairoint.h:60,
                  from cairo-analysis-surface.c:37:
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/include/stdarg.h:4:25: error:
stdarg.h: No such file or directory
In file included from cairoint.h:60,
                  from cairo-analysis-surface.c:37:
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/include/stdarg.h:4:25: error:
stdarg.h: No such file or directory
lipo: can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/folders/mf/
mf3Jw2Pc2RWV-k+1YxDPA++++TI/-Tmp-//ccf5YsnW.out
make[3]: *** [cairo-analysis-surface.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

Seems like Cairo uses something that's not available in 10.4?

Ben
(Mac packager for Wesnoth / crimson_penguin on IRC)