[cairo] Windows Show Glyph Bug

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Tue Oct 27 12:22:33 PDT 2009

Excerpts from Gerdus van Zyl's message of Tue Oct 27 19:07:08 +0000 2009:
> I found a bug that only appears on windows surface without alpha.
> Surface with alpha uses the fallbacks and does not show this bug.
> It looks like it's setting a clip when showing glyphs and does not
> remove the clip again.
> My cairo using code worked in 1.8.8 but does not in current git
> version. See attached images for illustration and patch that fixes the
> bug. Probably the wrong way to fix it but works in my limited testing
> using my code.

Sounds definitely like something I broke when pushing the clip down into
the actual backend operations. Hmm, not convinced that your patch would
restore behaviour without closer inspection... However, as always I'm in
the middle of completely breaking the backends once more, joy!

Thanks for the report and the patch, I'll try to do some win32 testing
before the next overhaul (mainly because I'm optimistic that this
rewiring will have a noticeable performance benefit for win32 in
particular).
-ickle