[cairo] Overflow bug painting from PixBuf?

Arjen Nienhuis a.g.nienhuis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 05:07:46 PDT 2009

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 2:01 AM, Chris Wilson <chris at chris-wilson.co.uk> wrote:

> It is a known bug, a limitation of the fixed-point 16.16 matrix that we
> use to transform images with pixman. In cairo-1.9.2, we have a
> workaround that takes advantage of the fact that we can do the
> translation independently of the matrix that extends our operating range
> a bit (but still leaves worse than desired inaccuracies). In short, try
> 1.9.2, it's probably good enough for the task at hand.

Hmm, after an hour of dpkg, easy_install, git clone and all sorts of
dependency problems I finally got:

cairo.cairo_version_string() == '1.9.2'

and then I got a segfault.

I'll try it again when there is a Ubuntu repository for it. (is
there?) I tried to upgrade cairo on my system before. When it broke I
found out how many programs depend on cairo. :-)

> Hope this helps, and you have fun with cairo!
> -ickle

I do have fun! See attachment. It's for a web-to-print system so I
could send you the real thing. :-)

Groeten, Arjen