[cairo] [cairo-announce] [ANNOUNCE] Stable pixman release 0.16.0 now available

Koen Kooi k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Wed Sep 2 02:18:03 PDT 2009

On 02-09-09 00:49, Siarhei Siamashka wrote:
> On Monday 31 August 2009, Koen Kooi wrote:
>
>> And I still hate that pixman puts in it's own -march and -mcpu, but
>> that's a discussion for another day.
>
> Pixman puts -mcpu only into the flags for compiling some selected files,
> *after* configure script has already verified that gcc can accept this set of
> flags. If gcc would reject this combination of flags, it would not try to
> compile these sources at all. Still a missing part here is -mfloat-abi=softfp
> option for the source file with NEON optimizations.
>
> This behavior is consistent with the rest of pixman, except that gcc behaves a
> lot more ugly on ARM than on other platforms.

This is an excerpt of the gcc commandline from pixman:

arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc \
-march=armv7-a -mtune=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp \
-mcpu=arm1136j-s

I split it between what I'm using when building for armv7a and what
pixman adds. So pixman adds too little to be usefull and what it adds is
not right for the target I'm targetting. Can we please add a
--I'm-using-ARM-but-actually-know-what-I'm-doing configure switch to
disable this behaviour?

regards,

Koen