[cairo] render in grayscale

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 10:00:00 PDT 2009

I think the original poster wants to render not the alpha, but something
like (r+g+b)/3 of the image as grayscale.

This is probably not possible, except by getting the image data and
applying the math as you copy each pixel to a new image.

If Cairo was to directly support this perhaps it would be an image
processing operation like blurring and so on, that might be applied to a
source image as part of some future filtering stack api.