[cairo] Building on Windows part 2

Travis Griggs tgriggs at cincom.com
Fri Sep 25 08:30:32 PDT 2009

Thanks to any who replied to my queries for help.

I chose to go with the wiki page description. I edited the wiki to
clarify one or two of the steps.

At this point, I've got zlib, libpng, and pixman all built. It all
seemed to go OK.

The instructions for building cairo say to run:
run make -f Makefile.win32 static CFG=debug (or release)

Which I did, and it compiles. But when it's done, I have a .lib. Which
I don't want, I don't think. I want a .dll. Peeking in Makefile.win32,
I see that there's both a 'static' and a 'dynamic' rule, so I tried
replacing static with dynamic. Unfortunately, I get an error then:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'zdll.lib'
make: *** [release/cairo.dll] Error 2

I'm sure it's something simple, I don't do the makefile thing
regularly, any help appreciated.

TIA

--
Travis Griggs