[cairo] Recommended method to use text on Windows CE/ Win32

Mohit Sindhwani ml3p at onghu.com
Sun Sep 27 01:19:00 PDT 2009

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
> Then just compile cairo with the win32 font backend and use
> cairo_show_text()?
>
> behdad
Hi Behdad,

Actually, I followed this:
http://vividos.wordpress.com/2008/01/23/how-to-compile-cairo-for-pocketpc/

And near the end, it says:
Since there is no easy solution for this, I just commented out the
function body, so text rendering isn’t supported by cairo on Windows CE
for now. Revisiting my changes to cairo, I saw that I tried to
reimplement GetCharacterPlacement and some more needed functions, but
that code has to be looked upon again. In the end I didn’t manage to
bring rendered text onto a cairo surface.

That's why I thought that cairo_show_text would probably not work directly.

Cheers,
Mohit.
9/27/2009 | 4:18 PM.