[cairo] fontconfig compile error

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 29 10:31:46 PDT 2009

Depending on what you do, another option which we pursued is to get rid
of FontConfig alltogether.

It isn't all that useful and, frankly, since there is no guarantee that
appropriate fonts will be on target system, we opted for simply bundling
fonts with application and ditching Fontconfig. Problem solved, and our
application gained a more uniform look.

This may not work if you do some heavy lifting with various fonts and
what not, of course.