[cairo] fallback resolution bug?

bulia byak buliabyak at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 16:09:21 PDT 2009

Hi Carl,

I'm addressing you personally because I saw your blog post about a
similar, or maybe even the same, bug. I attach a simple SVG which was
exported by Inkscape to EPS, using cairo operations as we now do.
There are two bugs:

- where the transparent image overlaps the text, it is obvious that it
is rasterized at a very small resolution, perhaps 72 dpi, not the
default 300. Inkscape never sets this so it should be 300. The image
itself it rendered at 300 dpi, but the other objects touched by it are
not.

- in fact, in the rasterized bitmap there must be no text at all -
because text is higher in z-order and thus is not affected by the
image with alpha anyway. Fallback rasterization should render only the
transparent object and whatever is BELOW it, not above.

This is with cairo 1.8.8. Can you tell me if there exists a version
that fixes at least the first of these bugs? If not what can I do to
help you or someone in the know to fix it?

Thanks!

--
bulia byak
Inkscape. Draw Freely.