[cairo] Embedding TTF

ecir hana ecir.hana at gmail.com
Sun Apr 4 03:30:39 PDT 2010

On Sun, Apr 4, 2010 at 4:46 AM, Adrian Johnson <ajohnson at redneon.com> wrote:
> ecir hana wrote:
>>
>> If the TrueType font program is embedded, the Type 2 CIDFont
>> dictionary must contain a CIDToGIDMap entry that maps CIDs to the
>> glyph indices for the appropriate glyph descriptions in that font
>> program.
>
> CIDToGIDMap is an optional entry in the CIDFont dictionary. If it is omitted
> the default value is Identity.

Yes, but if I embed TTF.....

Anyway, I read several version of the spec and all of the say
something else: PDF Reference, 2nd edition, v1.3 says nothing about
CIDToGIDMap and its relation to embedded TTFs. 6th edition (v1.7) says
(above) "must contain", and the latest PDF 32000-1:2008 says "shall
contain". InDesign does not contain it, too.

So I guess you are right, thanks!