[cairo] concurrent text rendering issue

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 21:01:11 PDT 2010

Mikhail,

 In case you are wondering, we encountered similar issues when rendering
text on other platforms (MacOS and Linux). They occur slightly less
often than under Windows, but it happens under some conditions. The best
answer I've found so far is to lock all text operations. It seems that
it is helps more to lock text_extent and set font size ops, than the
actual text output.

 To the Cairo developers - it would be awesome if these text issues were
resolved, since locking necessarily takes a bite out of product performance.